Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Booking Through Thursday : Catalog

Do you use any of the online book-cataloguing sites, like Library Thing or Shelfari? Why or why not? (Or . . . do you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking to?? (grin))

If not an online catalog, do you use any other method to catalog your book collection? Excel spreadsheets, index cards, a notebook, anything?

When I began to buy more and more books, I made a personal catalog in a booknote. But as the amount was always growing, it was just not practical, especially when you want to keep an alphabetical order, I always had to re-rewrite everything down after some time. Then I discovered Excel, but it's been nearly three year I haven't completed it (oh bother!) But last year I bought an application program called Pack Bibliothèque (Pack Library) in which I can enter all my books, films and CDs. That's great, but the problem is that I haven't done it yet, because I'm just discouraged when I look at my shelves;o) But I promised myself that I'll do it in 2008 (well I just said that last year), but I'll keep saying it until it's done. And recently I discovered LibraryThing, so I started my online bookshelf, but at the moment there're only just a few books, because I haven't enough time unfortunately, but I'm working on it.

To find Booking Through Thursday, this way!

No comments: