Thursday, February 7, 2008

Booking Through Thursday : Quirky



This week’s question is suggested by (blogless) JMutford:

Sometimes I find eccentric characters quirky and fun, other times I find them too unbelievable and annoying. What are some of the more outrageous characters you’ve read, and how do you feel about them?

Well, the most quirky character I can think at the moment is Christopher Chant (alias Chrestomanci) in Diana Wynne Jones's series : The World pf Chrestomanci. He's a man of great elegance, he is very charismatic, charming, but in the same time he is very impressive, kind of cold, but all in appearance. And all I can say about him is that I totally love him, I am under is spell.

Well in fact that makes me think of another character of DWJ's who's really excentric too and whom I love : Howl from Howl's moving castle.

As for the kind of unbelievable and annoying, I would say Dolores Jane Umbridge from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I can't describe what I felt when I read about her, I was totally annoyed, like I was gong to scratch my nails against a wall, you know the feeling?

No comments: