Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Booking Through Thursday : And, The Nominees Are...

What fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book
(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don't count.) published in 2007?What non-fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?
(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don't count.)And, do "best of" lists influence your reading

Well, that's kind of a difficult questions today, because, this year I re-read a lot of books, so I didn't discovered many novelties this year, but i'll try to answer.

1. In fact I've got a lot of nominees. Well, the best new books published in 2007 are...
- Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
- The Harsh Cry of the Heron - Lian Hearn (I read it in French and it was out in 2007 here)
- The Twelve Kingdoms - Fuyumi Ono
- One For Sorrow - Christopher Barzak
- Extras - Scott Westerfeld
- Michael Tolliver Lives - Armistead Maupin

There's not an order of preference really, except for Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, I'm reading all the series again, and it's been only a month since the last time;o)

2. I'll pass on this one, because I'm not really a reader of non-fiction, so I can't really be a good judge on the question, and those I have in mind were not published in 2007.

3. Yes, sometimes "best of" lists can influence my reading, because if other people liked those books, it must mean something, and I don't want to miss something;o)

To find Booking Through Thursday, this way!

No comments: