Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First in a Series Challenge

There is a big difference between the french and the english speaking blogosphere. French prefer Swaps, whereas english speakers prefer Challenges. For 2007, I was in for the ABC Challenge that consisted in choosing one author for each letter of the alphabet. I decided to travel around the world with books and I chose one country for each letter of the alphabet. Well I started the journey in Finland and I stayed there : only one book of my 2007 list is crossed;o)

And I discovered several small challenges, and said why not, I can at least try. So I chose The First in a Series Challenge, organised by Joy, because I am a serial reader. So here's my selection :

- Midnighters : The Secret Hour - Scott Westerfeld
- Septimus Heap : Magyk - Angie Sage
- Millenium : The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (not translated in english yet : 'Men who didn't like women)
- Discworld : The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett
- The Dark is Rising : Over Sea, Under Stone - Susan Cooper
- The Chronicles of Narnia : The Magician's Nephew - C.S. Lewis
- The Children of The Red King : Midnight for Charlie Bone - Jenny Nimmo
- Le Cycle des Dieux : Nous, les Dieux - Bernard Werber ( author of Empire of the Ants, but the God Series has not been translated in english yet)
- Thursday Next : The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde
- The Spiderwick Chronicles : The Field Guide - Holly Black
- The Blue Rose Trilogy : Koko - Peter Straub
- The Mayfair Witches : The Witching Hour - Anne Rice

So here is my list, and I really hope that for 2008 I'll be serious to see the end this challenge and also the others;o)

No comments: