Sunday, April 25, 2010

Alice in Wonderland - Tim Burton

***
Genre : Children, Adventure

Release : March 24th 2010 (in France)

Directed by Tim Burton


Written by Linda Woolverton

Based on the work of Lewis Carroll

Music composed by Danny Elfman

Starring Mia Wasikowska as Alice; Johnny Depp as Th
e Hatter; Helena Bonham Carter as The Red Queen; Anne Hathaway as The White Queen; Crispin Glover as Stayne

Synopsis : Alice is now 19, and returns to Wonderland, world she discovered when she was little. But she doesn't remember. She meets the white Rabbit, Twindle Dee and Twindle Dum, Absolem the blue caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat and the mad Hatter. Alice finds herself in a story where she has the main part. She has to end the Red Queen's reign by killing the Jabberwocky.



What I think


I've heard a lot of bad comments about Alice by Tim Burton. That it was not Tim Burton like, too colourful, etc. Comments too on Johnny Depp who doensn
't make anything new.

Well, I see Tim Burton's mark in this film, without a doubt. The scenery are all Tim Burton, the dark atmosphere too. About the colour, I would say, hey it's Alice, so it is colourful, that's normal.

But I was waiting for Alice in Wonderland, and
it is Alice's return to Wonderland...

I liked the film, but it's not my favorite from Tim Burton's. There were a few moments when I was bored.


I loooooooved Johnny Depp, as talented as ever. But I'm a little doubtful about Mia Wasikowska and Anne Hathaway. Helena Bonham Carter is absolutely wonderful with her big head;o)



I was disappointed about the music. I knew Robert S
mith (The Cure) had written a song for Alice. And there is a soundtrack CD with rock bands, but they do not appear in the movie. Only Danny Elfman's music. So why make a CD? I wonder... Another marketing approach without a doubt!

No comments: