Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Silver borne - Patricia Briggs

****

Genre : Urban fantasy

Series : Mercy Thompson : Moon Called, Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed, Silver Borne

American publisher : Ace Hardcover : 24,95$

English publisher : Orbit : 6,99£

Being a mechanic is hard work. Mercy Thompson, for instance, just spent the past couple of months trying to evade the murderous queen of the local vampire seethe. And now the leader of the werewolf pack, who's maybe-more-than-just-a-friend, has asked for her help. A book of fae secrets has come to light and they're all about to find out how implacable - and dangerous - the fae can be.

Okay maybe her troubles have nothing to do with the job. But she sure coul use a holiday...

What I think

Sometimes I wonder if the people who write the back covers really read the books before. Adam hasn't asked for Mercy's help. It should even be the other way round. Well, I have to make my own summary.

Beware of spoilers

Mercy and Adam are officially bonded. But Mercy still lives in her trailer with Samuel. Samuel who tries to kill himself by throwing his car in the river. But he's saved by a policeman. His wolf takes the lead. Normally, Mercy should call Bran who would kill him. Because a werewolf who's led by his wolf is a killing machine, but not Samuel. So Mercy buys him some time.

But then, Mercy is on the trace of Phin who gave her book and seems to be missing. While she is after him, a fire destroys her home, and Adam is badly hurt. Something's going on in the pack. Someone is trying to punish Mercy for being pack and take advantage on Adam weakness.

Mercy falls in the hand of a fairy Queen who is after the Silver Borne, a fae magic that could change the rules.

End of spoilers

As ever, Mercy seems to like danger. She can't help it, wherever she goes, there it is. And as ever, Adam is here to save her.

I loooooooooved it. The trio Mercy-Adam-Samuel, is fantastic, but now we should talk about a couple Mercy-Adam. In the beginning of the series I had a preference for Samuel, but now I must admit that Adam is sooooooo hot.

I was afraid that one would die. But hey I thought it was unthinkable to let Adam or Samuel die. If one of them died, I would have had to transform into a Annie Wilkes and kidnap Patricia Briggs, and break her legs so that she couldn't escape, to make her bring back the lost one.

It simply couldn't be. I can't say more on the subject, but all's well that ends well, as we say. Well, I think I just escape turning into a psychopath!

And this fight with Paul. Waouh Adam!!! He's a man!

The only thing that I didn't really like is the fact that Samuel is like Jacob in Twilight, like the fifth wheel, if you see what I mean. And that it is so sad, blah blah, so we need to find him someone to save him. And so it is a fae he saved a very long time ago. He fell in love with her, and she fell in love with him. But they were separated, and now they meet again...

No comments: