Sunday, April 18, 2010

Storm Front - Jim Butcher

**

Genre : Urban Fantasy

Series : The Dresden Files : Storm Front

American publisher : Roc : 7,99$

English publisher : Orbit Fantasy : 6,99£

Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No Love Potions, endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Harry Dresden is the best at what he does - and not just because he's the only one who does it. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal capabilities, they come to him for answers. Because the everyday world is not as 'everyday' as it seems. It's actually full of strange and supernatural things - and most of them don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a - well, whatever it is the police are having trouble with this time.

There's just one problem. Business, to put it midly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get...interesting.

Magic. it can get a guy killed.

What I Think

I read a lot of good things about this series. And I was expecting a lot. But the magic did not work with me. I don't blame the book or the other. I think I was the problem here. First as I said i was expecting too much. Second, I read this book while I was very very tired, and the reading was very difficult for me, because I fell asleep every 30 pages. So it was quite hard to enter the book.

I liked it, the story is good. I like Harry Dresden, even if sometimes I don't understand him. I liked that his two cases were the same one, when he understands everything but doesn't tell us.

I will read the second one in the series but I'm not in a hurry. I want to give the series a second chance, and I want to read it when I'm not tired, when I know I can really appreciate it as it should. And I think I will really like it then.

No comments: